On July 15, 2010, UNC-TV’s North Carolina Now program aired a thorough and accurate story on Lumbee recognition. Reporter Rob Holliday interviewed me along with Professor Mary Ann Jacobs (UNC-Pembroke), Professor Walt Wolfram (N.C. State), Tribal Chairman Purnell Swett, and others. You can view the story here.
- Sometimes your innate ability to project generalized concepts ... More for Sagittarius bit.ly/yibOac 6 hours ago
- RT @rachel__olsen: What is even the point of that? "wow if JANITORS are paid more than you then something's REALLY wrong" 16 hours ago
- RT @sparkleeduck: Our local @PPact staff standing with sister program that was sight of yesterday's horrific #ColoradoSpringsShooting https… 17 hours ago
- Your interest in learning new ideas now might open up an unexp... More for Sagittarius bit.ly/yibOac 1 day ago
- You are often happiest heading out on your own, but now you ma... More for Sagittarius bit.ly/yibOac 2 days ago
NEH Summer Seminar Photos
- African Americans & Native Americans American Indian Studies Arlinda Locklear Blake Tyner book readings and discussion Center for History and New Media Cherokee Cobell settlement David E. Wilkins decolonizing methodologies Desmond Tutu digital history Elisha Locklear FemCentral First Peoples/New Directions gaming Helen Maynor Schierbeck History News Network Indian Education Jennifer Shelton Kimberly Craven Leadership Lewin International local history Lumbee Indians in the Jim Crow South Mary Ann Jacobs Matthew Fletcher National History Education Clearinghouse National Museum of the American Indian pilgrims and Indians plenary power Purnell Swett Revolutionary War Robeson County slavery sovereignty Tasha Oxendine Thanksgiving tribal government Tuscarora UNC-Pembroke UNC-TV Vine Deloria Jr. Walt Wolfram Women