On July 15, 2010, UNC-TV’s North Carolina Now program aired a thorough and accurate story on Lumbee recognition. Reporter Rob Holliday interviewed me along with Professor Mary Ann Jacobs (UNC-Pembroke), Professor Walt Wolfram (N.C. State), Tribal Chairman Purnell Swett, and others. You can view the story here.
- You might be concerned today if you don't see an easy way to b... More for Sagittarius bit.ly/yibOac 11 hours ago
- Now Streaming from @povdocs @SacredLandFilm In the Light of Reverence | POV | PBS pbs.org/pov/inthelight… 1 day ago
- Your confident attitude continues to earn you more freedom at ... More for Sagittarius bit.ly/yibOac 1 day ago
- RT @LumbeeVocab: #14 Visitors, please be advised that 99.9% of Lumbee golf cart owners have never touched uh golf club!!! #LumbeeHomecoming 2 days ago
- Your whole life seems to be undergoing rapid change. Ironicall... More for Sagittarius bit.ly/yibOac 2 days ago
NEH Summer Seminar Photos
- African Americans & Native Americans American Indian Studies Arlinda Locklear Blake Tyner book readings and discussion Center for History and New Media Cherokee Cobell settlement David E. Wilkins decolonizing methodologies Desmond Tutu digital history Elisha Locklear FemCentral First Peoples/New Directions gaming Helen Maynor Schierbeck History News Network Indian Education Jennifer Shelton Kimberly Craven Leadership Lewin International local history Lumbee Indians in the Jim Crow South Mary Ann Jacobs Matthew Fletcher National History Education Clearinghouse National Museum of the American Indian pilgrims and Indians plenary power Purnell Swett Revolutionary War Robeson County slavery sovereignty Tasha Oxendine Thanksgiving tribal government Tuscarora UNC-Pembroke UNC-TV Vine Deloria Jr. Walt Wolfram Women